The Blue Green Dream project consortium has been created to bring together a good balance of stakeholders, connecting Blue Green Solution-involved companies and academic/research institutions across the urban/spatial planning, architecture, environmental engineering and urban water sectors. The principal partners are as follows:
Leading academic partners:
- Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech (Blue-Green Wave and AquaFutura)
- Imperial College London (Imperial West Campus)
- TU Berlin
- TU Delft (Green Blue Delft South-East)
- Institute of Sustainability
Leading industrial partners:
- Veolia Environnement
In addition to the principal partners, BGD involves SMEs that will adopt and implement project deliverables and create new businesses and job opportunities in the partner countries and beyond. KIC membership of the SME project partners is supported by the core KIC partners.
The BGD Regional Centres
The Blue Green Dream has a global mission. Hence, through the core team (DE, FR, NL and UK) and the start-up company Blue Green Global (BGG Ltd.), five Regional Centres will disseminate the BGD project and connect, at a more localised level, existing and new project partners.
The 5 Regional Centres are:
- Central and South Eastern Europe (CSEE)
- Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East (EMME)
- North Eastern Europe (NEE)
- Scandinavia and the North Sea (SC-NS)
- Western Mediterranean and Maghreb (WMMA)
The geographical area covered by each regional centre is shown below:
The kick-off meeting of the CSEE Regional Centre was held in Belgrade on April 2nd, 2014; for further information about the event click here. Subsequent workshops were held in Copenhagen, Wroclaw, and Nicosia for the establishment of, respectively, the SC-NS, NEE, and EMME Regional BGD Centres.